WELCOME TO THE REGISTRATION PAGE
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE BEFORE REGISTERING
This is not your average soccer tournament. We think changing the world is an extreme sport.
Sometimes –in order to change the world, you have to change the rules. -so we did:
After each game 4 points are given:
| For most goals scored | For most supporting crowd |
For most original team style | For best action for the Global Goals
A panel of capable judges will divide the points.
We can’t wait to se your unique way of speaking up!
This is how you enter:
HOW TO SET A TEAM
Bring together minimum. 5 maximum. 8 of your favorite women: co-workers, sisters, yoga partners, team-mates or friends.
• You need to be 18 years or older to play.
• You must be able to fund your own travel and accommodation to the tournament you apply for, and be eligible for visa.
• You will be asked to upload a team photo
• You will be asked which Global Goal you play for and why.
• It is free to apply and play, but the number of team spots are limited. We will let you know if your team has qualified as soon as the final team selection is made.
CHOOSE A GOAL
Look at the Global Goals which one appeals most to you? Which one would you be willing to sweat, fight, and win for?
Tell us your story about why you want to play and take action for this goal. The selection committee will select the most inspiring teams.
Decide how you will work to support your goal. Will you spam all your friends with information and challenges until they too are believers? Will you start a movement? Will you change your habits? Petition your community leaders? Nothing is too big or too small. Just remember, the GGWCUP is won as much off the pitch as on the pitch. To qualify to play, you must show commitment to your goal. For inspiration of actions check out our facebook page to see what previous teams have done, or see the Global Citizen website.
Next event: New York City -Global Final September 19th