WELCOME TO THE FIRST ACTIVIST WORLD CUP
This is not your average soccer tournament. We think changing the world is an extreme sport.
Sometimes –in order to change the world you have to change the rules -so we did:
After each game 4 points are given:
| For most goals scored | For most supporting crowd |
For most original style (outfit, attitude, creativity, fair-play) | For best action for the Global Goals
We can’t wait to se your unique way of speaking up!
HOW TO SET A TEAM
Bring together min. 5 max. 8 of your favorite women: co-workers,
sisters, yoga partners, friends.
• You need to be 16 years or older to play.
• You must be able to fund your own travel and accommodation to the tournament you apply for, and be eligible for visa.
• You will be asked to upload a team photo
• You will be asked which Global Goal you play for and why.
• It is free to apply and play, but the number of team spots are limited. We will let you know if your team has qualified as soon as the final team selection is made.
CHOOSE A GOAL
Look at the Global Goals which one appeals most to you? Which one would you be willing to sweat, fight, and win for?
Tell us why you want to play for this goal Send us your story about why you want to play and take action for this goal. The selection committee will select the most inspiring teams.
Decide how you will work to support your goal. Will you spam all your friends with information and challenges until they too are believers? Will you start a movement? Will you change your habits? Petition your community leaders? Nothing is too big or too small. Just remember, the GGWCUP is won as much off the pitch as on the pitch. To qualify to play, you must show commitment to your goal. For inspiration of actions check out our facebook page to see what previous teams have done, or see the Global Citizen website.
Next event: New York City -Global Final
Stay tuned for details. Registration opens in June