GGWCup is recognized as a Year of Zayed Event.
We are honored to be part of the events and initiatives in the UAE and internationally designed to commemorate the memory of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, showcase his impact and legacy, and promote the values that he displayed throughout his life in creative and interactive ways.
The GGWCup UAE is aligned with the Sustainability theme of the YearofZayed, and consistent with the values of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the Founding Father of the UAE who was an avid believer that sport improves lives, empowers women, and breaks down barriers between people and nations.
About the Global Goals World Cup Event:
Join us for two evenings of fun, great football and Global Goals action.
Be part of the effort to raise awareness of the need to drive progress towards the
implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals by amplifying the voices
of girls and women and empowering them to become agents of change one goal at a
Place: The Sustainable City, Al Qudra Road, Dubai.
Time: Thursday and Friday January 18th and 19th from 4pm-9pm
Free entry at the main entrance.
Thursday January 18th: Global Goals Festival.
- Meet the teams and hear their pledges to fight for the Global Goal they represent.
- Opening address by the Ms. Merete Juhl, Danish ambassador to the UAE
- Music performances, food and much more.
Friday January 19th: Global Goals World Cup Football Tournament
- 20 amazing teams of trailblazing women are lining up to find out who will be the Global Goals World Cup champions of the UAE, and the grand prizeof representing the UAE at the Global Goals World Cup Final in New York City.
- There will be activities for children, food and music all throughout the event.
To our gracious hosts The Sustainable City, and to all our partners and sponsors who make this possible.